Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Recipes: Hearty, Winter Casseroles


I remember when I was little, I would always see my mom looking through her favorite magazines, Better Homes and Gardens, Family Circle and Women's Day. Who would have thought, nearly 30+ years later, these classic women's mags would still be going strong today...and for a new generation of moms!  Now it's my turn as a mom, and I always look forward to receiving my monthly edition of Better Homes and Gardens packed full of home decor ideas, recipes & great lifestyle tips. I can always count on BHG.com 's weekly recipe e-blast for terrific recipes to jazz up my weekly rotation of spaghetti & meatballs, grilled chicken and turkey chili.

As any busy mom (or individual) will tell you, hearty, quick & easy casseroles are a life-savor! They are my go-to meals for feeding my family when it's cold outside...and usually good for 2 or 3 meals! Click this link for all of the recipes...but here are a few of my faves.

It's hard to go wrong with this crowd pleaser -- it's as delicious as the dish grandma used to make. Here, buttery pastry tops a creamy blend of veggies, mushrooms, butter, and chicken.

Deep-Dish Chicken Pot Pie


For enchilada flavor -- without all the frying, filling, and rolling -- try this mouthwatering dish. Cut fat by making it with ground turkey, reduced fat cheese, and fat-free sour cream.


Bean-and-Beef Enchilada Casserole


(Source: BHG.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment