Friday, February 24, 2012

Recipes: Pineapple Lemon Pudding Pie & Strawberry Jello Pie!

I wanted to share my two favorite summertime pie recipes from when I was a child...oh, the memories! Thanks to the invention of instant Jello and pudding, these recipes are so simple, yet so delicious (and pretty low calorie)!  These will be your new favorite desserts to serve your family & friends too!

Nana’s Pineapple Pudding Pie 




I remember my Nana Fannon making this when I was a little girl. I love the tangy-ness of the lemon and the pineapple with the sweetness of the Cool Whip...takes me back in time!
Prep: 10 min. + chilling
Servings: 6-8
Ingredients:
1-1/2 cups cold 2% milk
1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple (drained)
1 pre-made graham cracker crust (9 inches)
1-1/2 cups Cool Whip topping, thawed
1/2 cup flaked coconut, toasted
Optional: 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
Instructions:
In a large bowl, whisk cold milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in pineapple. Pour into crust. Spread with whipped topping. Sprinkle with toasted coconut (and walnuts, if using). Cover and refrigerate. YUM!
Mom’s Strawberry Jello Pie


My mom used to make this every summer! I always loved it so much... and now I will be making it for my family & friends! So easy, light and delicious!
Prep: 10 min. + chilling
Servings: 6-8

Ingredients: 
1 pre-made graham cracker pie crust 
1 small box strawberry jello mix 
1 (8 oz.) package of Cool Whip topping, thawed 
1 pint of fresh strawberries 
Optional: Fresh mint
Instructions:
If you use fresh strawberries, cut in half, put in bowl and sprinkle small amount of sugar over them. (If using frozen strawberries, thaw and add when jello has cooled.) Dissolve jello in 3/4 cup of hot water in large bowl. Let cool at room temperature. 
Fold whipped topping and strawberries into the jello. Mix well and pour into the crust. Refrigerate for a little while before cutting. Garnish with sliced strawberries,  dollup of Cool Whip and fresh mint. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment