Thursday, March 01, 2012

Spring Fashion for the Kids!

Spring is almost here! It's time to start stocking up on new spring clothes for your ever-growing little ones (and for yourself too!).  As children grow so fast, clothing can get really expensive. So, I have scouted out the best places to buy cute but affordable clothing...and remember to always look for the best sales, hunt through the bargain racks & use all of your coupons. Why pay full price?! Here are my favorite stores for kids fashions:

Target
Target is by far my favorite place to shop for my daughter's clothing. Not only are the pieces affordable, but the style is so adorable, modern and cool! I always check the new crop of clothes, but be sure to hunt in the discount racks where items are often 50% off. I just got a bunch of cute & colorful sweatshirts & sweatpants, leggings with funky tunics and two adorable bathing suits! And, they always have guest designers each season like Missoni, and Gwen Stefani's Harajuki Mini collection (image at left) which is so whimsical and cute. These tend to be a little higher priced, but one or 2 pieces are fun to add to your child's wardrobe. This season has a lot of Nautical-inspired stripes & sailor looks, which I love!
Carter's
Carter's is the classic American children's clothing store. Most major department stores tend to carry Carter's as well, such as Kohl's, Macy's and Toys R Us, so many of daughter's first clothes were Carter's, especially when she was an infant/newborn. I find the quality lasts and I usually buy the sets which are a great value. Some of the outfits and dresses can be pricey, especially the bathing suits and party dresses, so I always use my coupons when shopping at Carter's. Be sure to register for their email offers and use their frequent shopper punch card too. It's best to shop at Carter's when there is a major sale. We have even been to Carter's outlets up in Vermont...where you can be sure to get a great deal. Cute Easter fashions in store now.


H&M
H&M is great place to find fun, fashionable & affordable kids clothes. They have some really cute looks, including Hello Kitty for girls and sell sets of t-shrits and leggings too. The only issue is not every H&M store has a Kids Department, so be sure to call or check the website first. I usually have to go to the Boston Downtown Crossing H&M for kids & maternity clothes, as the Dedham Legacy Place store near my house only has Women's. Love the Nautical stripes in red, white & blue.
Gap
I never buy "full price" at the Gap...let's face it, the kid's clothes are quite pricey. As much as I love most of their designs, I just can't bring myself to spend $30 for a size 2T embellished t-shirt for my daughter...sorry folks! Luckily, the Gap has a great sale rack, so be sure to check back often...you can usually find a few cute things in there. And when they have sales or coupons, that is your time to head back to the Gap. I just got an email flyer that Diane Von Furstenburg has created a children's line at the Gap. It is quite pricey, but really adorable...so I may splurge on one cute spring party dress for my daughter...or wait for it for go on sale. :)

Old Navy
Old Navy is great kid's clothes. I have had great luck finding my daughter some fun outfits, dresses and shoes. Very reasonably priced and always cute. They have Hello Kitty, Disney and other popular character items too. Recently, I haven't found a big a selection for toddlers (2T and up), so it's touch and go. I look forward to seeing what they have coming this spring. The Easter looks (pictured above) are adorable!




Kohl's has a great children's section, and carries their own line of clothing called Jumping Beans which I like a lot. They sell t-shirts, leggings, skirts, etc. ala carte, so you can create your own outfits which I like a lot. They are priced really low, like at Target, so I tend to get a lot from Kohl's and Target.  The great thing about Kohl's, is that there is ALWAYS a sale and you can always use your store coupons if you have a Kohl's charge. The best time to shop at Kohl's when they are doing their special $10 cash back with every $50 spent...you can really make out "like a bandit" at Kohl's when all of the stars are aligned. :) Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment