Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy Spring!


Hello friends!
April showers bring May flowers...
so let's hope the rain stops and the flowers take bloom! We are looking forward to a wonderful spring and summer...with a little baby *due in September* (yay!) and a new house in the works too (whoppee)! Let's just say, Life is good and we are truly blessed!

It's funny how you go from one big life event to another! First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in the baby carriage! I am just now getting on the baby bandwagon...so I will have lots more to post with my ideas for nursery decor. I'm thinking sage green as the base, with the appropriate gender colors as accents). I'm just now learning all about the world of Babies R Us, comparing safety reports on car seats, strollers, cribs, high chairs, all the baby stuff. All of my mommy friends are giving us great advice on where to spend the money vs. where to shop discount, and to just have fun getting ready for the baby to arrive! (love the classic crib in dark wood with soft, neutral decor...)


On the Home Front, we have been OBSESSED with HGTV and the DIY Network trying to learn all the tricks of the trade for new homeowners, getting ideas on quick & easy fixes to update kitchens and bathrooms (read: fresh paint and new silver fixtures) and scouring the latest websites, blogs and magazines for the latest in home fashions. I have come to realize that the Canadians have cornered the market on the DIY world, and they rock! Case in point: "Holmes on Homes," "Sara's House," are the best shows. But I am truly addicted to "Dear Genevieve" and "House Crashers" -- if only they would come and crash our house!? And, we've come to realize that Home Depot and Lowe's are becoming our new best friends... Can't wait to move in, paint, redo and decorate! (love this cozy & fresh living room...)


W
hile I'm personally out of wedding mode and into new baby and new house mode...I still have my sister's wedding to plan for next July 2011! Very excited to help Sara & Dan with all of their arrangements for a summer wedding! (How about hot pink??)


And, if time permits...I will post all the fun things we are planning to do in and around Boston...especially for those of us on BUDGET (like all of us, I assume?!). I'll post up fun ideas for some weekend jaunts and "staycations" in the New England area -- such as Provincetown, Cape Cod, Portand ME, Newport RI, Vermont, Woodstock NY, and many more!)

Stay tuned and have a wonderful Spring!

:) mel

No comments:

Post a Comment