Start with 30 dates...but you may need to double or triple the recipe! Adjust for the amount of people you have, usually plan on 2-3 dates per person.
30 Whole Pitted Medjool Dates
30 Roasted Pecan Halves (or Almonds)
Uncured Bacon (raw) sliced in 1/2 or 1/3 to fit around date
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Pit the dates with your fingers or with a paring knife.
- Place a pecan piece inside each date.
- Wrap date in a piece of bacon and secure with a tooth pick
- Place on parchment paper on a baking sheet or glass Pyrex dish and bake for 12 minutes (start checking them when it gets close).
- The bacon should be cooked and crispy. Served hot on a serving platter.